Chloe Vegan Foods Now At Sprouts!
NEW FULL LINE OF PLANT-BASED PIZZAS
ADDS A NOVEL INGREDIENT TO THE RECIPE: FLAVOR!
Major improvements in non-dairy cheese move vegan products up the flavor continuum
Edina, Minn.—March 31, 2020—Chloe Vegan Foods, LLC, has launched a full line of plant-based pizzas. The products are currently available chain-wide at 344 Sprouts Farmers Markets stores in 23 U.S. states. Each is all plant-based, non-GMO, and 100 percent free of the most pervasive and troublesome allergens. Chloe is headquartered in Minnesota and manufactures its products in an FDA- and USDA-approved facility.
A highlight of the Chloe products is the quantum leap forward in the quality, flavor, texture, and behavior of the patent-pending, cauliflower-based cheese. In addition to excellent flavor immediately reminiscent of the real thing, Chloe cheese shreds and melts like dairy-based cheese, all of which makes a Chloe pizza experience far closer to that of eating a conventional pie.
When co-founder Wendy Hinnenkamp and her husband discovered their young daughter Chloe suffered from Eosinophilic Esophagitis—a condition that makes it dangerous, even deadly, to eat certain foods—they set out to develop a line of products Chloe could eat safely, provide nutrition, and allow her to eat the same foods as her family. They needed
NEW LINE OF PLANT-BASED PIZZAS
March 31, 2020/add one
products without the foods commonly associated with food allergies (milk, wheat, soy, egg, nuts, and fish).
The Hinnenkamps found 40-year culinary veteran and award-winning chef Robert Velarde, who embarked on a multi-year mission to develop what became these Chloe products. Along the way, as consumers became more interested in a healthier diet, Velarde challenged himself further to create products that so rivaled the flavor of their traditional counterparts that people couldn’t tell the difference. He and the Hinnenkamps also found motivation in contributing to a healthier planet, as vegan foods require far fewer natural resources to grow and manufacture than do traditional foods like beef and poultry.
Chloe Vegan Foods’ five pizzas and crust two-pack:
- Cheese: Simple but sensational. A flavorful gluten-free crust welcomes the Chloe tangy tomato sauce and abundant dairy-free cheddar, and mozzarella-style shredded cheese.
- Italian Sausage: A flavorful blend of beans, beets, peppers, mushrooms, and loads of natural spices fill in for the sausage to make a true Italian pie, all atop a vegetable-infused crust. Add sauce and Chloe vegan mozzarella, and cheddar-style cheese shreds.
- Pepperoni: No meat? No problem! Good stuff (mushrooms, oil, and spices) replaces conventional pepperoni’s not-so-good stuff (pork, beef, sodium nitrite and other chemicals) to keep this popular pizza topping available to everyone. With Chloe tangy tomato sauce, dairy-free cheddar, and mozzarella-style shredded cheese on a vegetable-infused crust.
- Margherita: This margherita pizza is a perfect blend of dairy-free cheddar and mozzarella-style shredded cheese, olive oil, garlic, basil, and diced tomatoes, all perched atop a Chloe vegetable-infused crust.
- Mediterranean: Diced red peppers, artichoke hearts, yellow onion, and black olives meld with Chloe tangy tomato sauce and dairy-free cheddar. Topped with mozzarella-style shredded cheese on a vegetable-infused crust.
- Pizza Crust Two-Pack: Build your perfect pizza on the perfect crust! Made with broccoli, cabbage, carrots, kale, and cauliflower—gluten-free and free from the top allergens. Finish the pie just the way you like it.
NEW LINE OF PLANT-BASED PIZZAS
March 31, 2020/add two
Chloe will also offer branded shredded vegan cheese and meatless pepperoni and meatless sausage.
“We really feel we’ve moved plant -based pizza a significant notch up on the flavor continuum,” said Wendy Hinnenkamp. “And it’s gratifying, because we started out to help Chloe and ended up helping the entire planet.”
About Chloe Vegan Foods, LLC
Ten-year-old Chloe Hinnenkamp has Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE)—a chronic allergic inflammatory disease of the esophagus that is triggered mainly by food proteins. Eliminating foods commonly associated with food allergies (milk, wheat, soy, egg, nuts, and fish) from the diet is an effective treatment for the majority of patients with EoE.
The Hinnenkamp family has made it their mission to create awareness for Eosinophilic Esophagitis and to help families address the dietary needs of children by developing a line of delectable vegan pizzas and related products. Their goal, too, was to offer products far more flavorful than what was currently available.
The Chloe logo is Chloe’s handwriting. It’s her signature of approval on every box.